Thursday, June 11, 2009

Himalayan Rock Stack


Himalayan Rock Stack, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

My favourite place in the world (apart from the North West of England) is Nepal. I've visited 7 times in the last 9 years, there is nowhere else quite like it. It is full of magic and wonder, soaring mountains and smiling charming people. To anyone who has not been you must, the experience will touch you deeply and you will make many friends there.

This film is a whirlwind tour of Kathmandu and the Annapurna Himalaya. The day after we crossed the Thorung La pass (5420m) I built a slate cairn to mark our passage. In the background you can see the spectacular village of Jharkot.

My heart belongs to Nepal and the Nepalis. I long to return.

Here is the still photo of the stack.

1 comment:

hildA said...

very impressive