Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Return of the Living Spores - Cone Spore

I noticed this tree the other day. I've never seen roots like it before. The more I look at it the more faces and distorted figures I can see. It is both beautiful and disturbing at the same time.

Once I had assembled the spore I begun to clear out the needles from inside the structure.

I don't know if any of you remember the 80's film "Flash Gordon" - the one where Queen sung the theme tune and everyone hammed it up a treat. Well there is a scene where Peter Duncan from Blue Peter, Timothy Dalton and Flash (if my memory serves) have to place their hands into a big stump that contains a poisonous creature that if it stings you would give you a painful and prolonged death.

This stump had many holes and I just couldn't get that scene out of my mind whilst I was sweeping the needles. It really gave me the creeps!

No comments: