Monday, May 07, 2007

Half Black Stick


Half-black-stick, originally uploaded by escher1.

I had seen this stick in Brik Bank Quarry on Saturday when we were climbing there. MY first thought was to cover it in green leaves so that it contrasted with the gritstone slab at the base of the climbs. But after experimenting with that at home I decided the leaves were now not young enough to give a strong enough green. So I used more of the peat to cover the stick. The earth was easier to work when it was really wet and it didn't take too long to cover it. I liked the contrast when it was half covered so I took pictures of both half covered and fully covered. I tried to get it in exactly the same place on the slab but didn't quite succeed and the shape of the stick wasn't quite right as it didn't fill the frame well enough.

No comments: