Monday, May 07, 2007

Balls and Slabs Balance


Balance, originally uploaded by escher1.

We needed to get out of the house for a bit as we were going a bit stir crazy, Julia felt a bit ill and I felt tired and listless. My first few balances just didn't seem to work and I felt particularly uninspired so I thought I would try at another slanting balance. Decent slabs were few and far between and it took some time to find enough. This time I really wanted to concentrate on getting the structure looking symmetrical and balanced. It suffered a collapse half way through so I begun again but there was no way to prevent it from being precarious and carefully balanced, the breeze wasn't helping. But then they don't have to stand up for very long when you can freeze it in time by taking a photo. I think it turned out especially well and is my best of this design to date.

No comments: