Monday, May 21, 2007

Stick Balls


Polarised Stick Balls, originally uploaded by escher1.

I finally made the third stick ball on Saturday and so I could finally make the sculpture that I have had sketched in my notebook for ages. I went and found some suitable straight sticks in the waste ground and headed off to Littledale in the glorious sunshine. I thought that the flat area on top of the gritstone outcrop would be perfect and the views of the Lakes was magnificent. There was a bit of a breeze but they stayed stood up and gently wobbled in the wind. My original plan was to put sticks coming out of the tops too to make them look speared but they looked quite good with just the balls on top so I took quite a few pictures like that until I tried the speared design. I though this looked even better. This is the first sculpture where I have made an effort to build it in a specific location, definitely something I shall pursue more in the future.

No comments: