Wednesday, March 25, 2009


Robin Hood's Bay Stack, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

The afternoon we arrived at Robin Hood's Bay the tide was in. We didn't know if it was going to get higher or not, I hadn't remembered to check the tide times. We had to clamber over the sea wall to get to the beach, but it did mean we had it to ourselves. I came a across a wonderful mustard yellow boulder and I really wanted to create a stack on top of it but the waves meant that I would have to wait so I collected the rocks and pebbles to make one while we waited for the water to recede. It was a long wait! The water got higher and higher and I started to think I had seriously miscalculated and we were going to get wet or worse! So I took this picture as it might have been all I could get, or it would serve as a memorial to my drowning!

You might notice (I do) where the pebbles are out of alignment. I definitely needed to rebuild it and pay more attention to the neatness of it.

No comments: