Saturday, March 21, 2009

Still There Square


Still There Square, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

I went back along to the Crook O'Lune today to see what was still there before thinking about something new. As I walked along the river bank I scanned the water to see if this sculpture was remained. It hadn't rained at all since last weekend so I assumed it hadn't been washed away but as I came close to it I could see no sign of it. Perhaps the salmon fisherman who nearly stood on it last week had kicked it over?

It wasn't until I was right on top of it that I finally saw it. My mistake was that I was looking in the water for it but the level had dropped considerably and it was now beached several feet from the water. It really blends in well now it is set on dry stones as the colours are very similar (this photo doesn't really show how well it blends in) and I was amazed how intact it was seeing as it had survived a week of dog walkers, salmon fisherman, walkers and kids.

I was also interested to see how the colours had changed now that the stone had dried out. The two orange squares were now the same colour and the blackest stones has turned brown.

No comments: