Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coniston Windmill Stars


Coniston Windmill Stars, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

We went to Coniston water today in the Lake District.

Early on it was quiet but it wasn't long before the idyll was disturbed by a motor boat doing zig-zags without much consideration for the broken peace and quiet. (sigh)

First of all I built a caged rock out on a little rock island but the water was so cold it really hurt my feet so I gave up with that one. Later on the water warmed up as was much more pleasant.

More families with kids and dogs in tow appeared and we were entertained by one dad who stripped off to his Marks and Sparks pants (shorts for you guys over the pond) and decided to spend his time doing cartwheels! It was quite graphic and it was one (well more than one actually) of those things I wish I hadn't seen!

The pebbles at the edge of the lake were quite uninspring being a uniform grey colour and the only other materials available were dead bracken, dead oak leaves, grass and thorns. Not very inspiring and I struggled for ideas. At the moment I am really enjoying the fresh new growth but there was little of that to be had where we were.

This is what I came up with in the end.

No comments: