Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spore


Spore, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

I saw some great teasels by the side of the road on my way home from work and I just had to do something with them.

When I had time to stop one evening I parked up nearby and went to get them. I had neglected to take any gloves or anything to cut them down and I am now sporting several hundred splinters!

Once home I wove a ball from pliable twigs and inserted the teasels to create a three-dimensional star. I then went looking for somewhere to take a picture or two.

I must have four heads! Every car, cyclist and pedestrian who passed me just stared at me open mouthed! I got so fed up with them in the end (I can normally act oblivious but this was too much) that I just stared back. This resulted in a sudden realisation how much they were staring, a closed mouth and a rapid exit to be on their way.

I am sure I am sometimes an unusual sight (especially first thing in the morning) but hasn't anyone seen someone clutching a giant spore before? I mean come on!

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

Richard, I'm afraid to say that I would drive past and then turn back and drive past again taking photographs for my blog. I love "Spore", especially in this setting.