Sunday, April 12, 2009

Vortex Spiral


Vortex Spiral, originally uploaded by e s c h e r.

Some of the pictures I took yesterday were technically poor. They were focussed on the back of the cone and the front wasn't sharp. Fine for shrunken photos but not good for printing. It was another beautiful day today so I headed back up to Littledale to take some more pictures in the same spot.

Being a glutton for punishment I remade that troublesome 5th layer and had to spend more time reconstructing it. It was worth it though and the whole thing sat together better.

I didn't really notice how nice the shadow looked until I looked at the photos at home yesterday, so this time I got some more of it in particular. The sun was high up and strong meaning strong contrast and a great shadow. I am glad I made the effort.

No comments: